Friday, April 8, 2016

Forum #2

Arthur "Weegee" Fellig
1.
a) Arthur Fellig is originally from Ukraine
b) He was a self taught photographer with no formal training.
c) He developed his photos in a home made darkroom in the back of his car.
2. The thing that most stands out about his photos is his use of distortion. It's not something you commonly see from photographers of his era.
3. Weegee's claim to fame were his dramatic street photos, particularly the night shots that showed crime and other creepy things.

1. The first method I liked was to localize a national event. I feel like those types of things are always the most interesting to the local readers. The other method I thought was good was to peruse event calendars. That is a surefire way to find something local and interesting.
2.  After looking at the LBCC event calendar, I noticed the GSA is hosting a drag show next Friday. I could go there and get photos of the show and the crowd reactions.

No comments:

Post a Comment